Dear Parents and Guardians,
As the COVID-19 pandemics drags on in to 2022, we want to assure you that we are continuing to work diligently on keeping our patients and staff safe especially with the recent surge in infections.
When you visit for your child’s appoinment, you will notice some changes, but one thing that has stayed constant is our commitment to your child’s dental health, safety and overall well being while maintaining the highest standard of care.
We would like to share some of the measures we have implemented:
- We have installed ultra-violet (UV) germicidal systems inside each of the six HVAC units which had MERV13 filters. The office’s air is purified by UV light and filtered to help eliminate airborne pathogens such as COVID-19.
- We have added a system to create negative pressure inside the treatment room. These rooms are designed to isolate and help prevent the spread of aerosols.
- We are equipping our staff with fit tested upgraded personal protection equipment (PPE) following the CDC and ADA guidelines, which provides protection for staff and patients.
- We are installing additional hand sanitizer stations throughout the office for patients and staff.
- “Sneeze Guards” are installed at the check-in and check-out desks.
- All patients and parents are screened for raised body temperature before entering the clinical area, including our own doctors and employees.
- We are implementing enhanced cleaning and disinfecting procedures for the entire office.
- All visitors will be required to wear a mask at all times.
- Our office procedures will be changing so that we will be seeing fewer patients per day, so that there are fewer patients/parents in the two spacious waiting lounges and the lobby at any given time.
- Between each patient visit, the entire treatment room will be sanitized and disinfected as before.
- Our handwashing stations are already touchless and most of our office is already paperless – we will continue with this practice and you will be asked to fill all the information and forms electronically.
- We would encourage only one guardian to accompany only the child who has a scheduled appointment to the waiting area, no other visitors can be allowed to accompany the patient.