Office Re-Opening May 19th!
Dear Parents and Guardians,
We miss your children and look forward to seeing their beautiful smiles soon. As we are preparing for reopening of the practice on May 19th, we have been diligently working on making our office even safer for our patients and staff.
When you come in you will notice lots of changes but one thing that has stayed constant is our commitment to your child’s dental health, safety and overall well being while maintaining the highest standard of care. In the initial days, when we open we will be starting with taking care of the most urgent dental treatments.
Our office will be contacting you to schedule your child’s appointment.
We are excited to share some of the measures we are working on:
- We have multiple HVAC units exhausting the inside air and replenishing it with fresh, clean, outside air throughout the day.
- We already had installed an ultra-violet (UV) germicidal system inside each HVAC unit which had MERV13 filters. The office’s air is purified by UV light and filtered to help eliminate airborne pathogens such as COVID-19.
- We are also installing a system to create negative pressure inside the treatment room. These rooms are designed to isolate and help prevent the spread of aerosols.
- We are equipping our staff with upgraded personal protection equipment (PPE) following the CDC and ADA guidelines, which provides protection for staff and patients. Though this might look scary to a child, we believe that it will ensure safety for your child and our staff members. We will do whatever is possible to make your child’s visit as pleasant as possible.
- We are installing additional hand sanitizer stations throughout the office for patients and staff.
- “Sneeze Guards” are being installed at the check-in and check-out desks.
- All patients and parents will be screened for raised body temperature before entering the clinical area, including our own doctors and employees.
- We are implementing enhanced cleaning and disinfecting procedures for the entire office.
- All visitors will be required to wear a mask at all times.
- Our office procedures will be changing so that we will be seeing less patients per day and there will be fewer patients in the two spacious waiting lounges and the lobby at any given time to maintain the social distancing guidelines recommended by CDC.
- Between each patient visit, the entire treatment room will be sanitized and disinfected as before.
- Our handwashing stations are already touchless and most of our office is already paperless – we will continue with this practice and you will be asked to fill electronic forms.
- We would encourage only one guardian to accompany only the child who has a scheduled appointment, no other visitors can be allowed to accompany the patient.
- For the time being, changes unfortunately include eliminating toys, books, playing arcade games, beverage station in the waiting lounges, during the COVID-19 pandemic.